Promoting Wellness Through Collaboration
November 13-15, 2014
D. Walter Cohen, D.D.S. Promoting Wellness Through Collaboration: The Integration of Dental and Medical Conference: Hilton City Ave., Philadelphia, PA
More information to come soon!
2013 D. Walter Cohen, D.D.S. Promoting Wellness Through Collaboration:
The Integration of Dental and Medical Conference
The Partnership's second annual conference, Promoting Wellness through Collaboration: The Integration of Dental and Medical, was held on Saturday, September 21, 2013 at the Radisson Hotel and Suites in Valley Forge, PA. This program brought together medical and dental professionals promoting patient wellness through collaboration. The conference addressed the historical disjunction between medicine and dentistry in education, practice and also financing that has resulted in a health care system that fails to prevent oral disease as well as addressed the interplay between oral disease and other health issues.
Specific goals were to:
- Promote patient wellness through collaboration
- Educate providers on the importance of collaboration between different provider types in treating the patients that they share
- Demonstrate practical, clinical tools that enable providers to function outside of their clinical realm and address the learning gaps that exist for both dentists and physicians regarding oral and systemic health
- Build mechanisms of interaction between dentists and physicians, including communication, referral and clinical synergy to facilitate holistic, cross-functional management solutions for patients with both dental and systemic disease.
- Describe the nature, prevalence, and consequences of oral disease through the life cycle with a focus on correlations between oral and systemic health
- Explore the concept of medical and dental programs integrating care for the optimal health of their patients
- Describe the evidence based approaches to integrate oral-systemic health into interprofessional education and collaborative practice
- Identify initiatives that promote effective collaborations between dental and medical providers, and the impact on patient care and outcomes that they engender
- Primary Care providers, family medicine practitioners, pediatricians and general practitioners
- Dentists, dental hygienists
- Registered Nurses, Advance Practice Nurses and Nurse Practitioners
- Other Allied Health Professionals
Read more about the significant contributions that D. Walter Cohen, D.D.S. has made in the impact within medical communities.